Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA – August 17, 2007 - - Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. is excited to announce that its very successful RS-Adventurous class B motorhome has been improved and adapted to the completely redesigned Mercedes-built Sprinter van.
The Sprinter, a relative new comer to North America, has proved very popular among RVers. It has captured more than half of the class B motorhome market and a growing share of class C’s. The new 170” wheelbase Sprinter 2500 van used for the RS-Adventurous has many improvements and changes including:
- All new exterior and interior styling.
- New 3.0L V6 CRD diesel engine (154 HP, 280 lb.-ft. [+37]).
- Adaptive Electronic Stability Program (ESP) takes into account the vehicle's load.
- Electronic climate control.
- Tilt steering.
- Automatic on/off headlights.
- 22' 9" long (+13”), 6' 8" wide (+4"), 75” standing height (+2”).
- Wider taller side sliding entry door.
Inside you’ll find a fully-equipped class B that sleeps four and seats up to seven with these improvements:
- New "Cinnamon" real cherry cabinet doors (replaces natural maple).
- Power step at the side entry that opens/closes with the sliding door (with override).
- Spare tire on the vehicle underside between the axles. No need for a Continental spare tire carrier which increases the overall length and blocks access to a rear door.
- Storage trunk below the floor and behind the rear axle (accessible through the rear doors).
- More interior storage cabinets.
- 11,000 BTU roof mounted air conditioner (with heat strip) is now standard.
- ‘Fiamma’ box awning is now mounted on the roof edge and now standard.
- Dual 6V auxiliary batteries are now standard.
- Home theatre in now standard.
- Larger more comfortable second row captain seats (optional).
Great fuel economy… the width of a van … comfortable seating for seven... interior openness and livability… and all the features of a typical motorhome. Add the proven engineering and quality of the Mercedes built Sprinter and Roadtrek’s RS-Adventurous is sure to become even more popular!
A prototype of the RS-Adventurous on the new Sprinter van was officially introduced at FMCA Convention, August 13-16 in Redmond, Oregon. Roadtrek is the first company to introduce a class B motorhome on the new Sprinter van. (The new Sprinter van cab and chassis came out earlier than the vans and have already appeared as class C’s.) Shipping to dealers across the U.S. will begin in November. MSRP is expected to be in the nineties. See exterior photo and floor plans below.
Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. is a proud and successful member within its community. It manufactures the #1 selling class B motorhome in North America (since 1990). The company is registered to ISO 9001:2000 and was the first North American RV maker to achieve this status. For other information, visit www.roadtrek.com/PR or contact Paul Cassidy, VP of Sales at 1-88-88-CLASS-B (888-825-2772) ext. 1106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.